Friday, March 14, 2003

I've heard that the Colorado House passed the NRA back concealed carry bill today. Hopefully the governor won't sign it, but since it's worse in many ways than the existing law, chances are he will. More on this later.

2:50 a.m.
It's later. There are stories here & here about the House passing both the preemption & concealec carry bills. Now it depends upon the governors signature.
The preemption law isn't terrible, but it's language is a bit weak & could be manipulated. The concealed carry bill is awful. In many ways it is worse than our current system. despite efforts by RMGO & a few pro gun reps to kill the bill or at least fix some parts through amendment it passed. No doubt due to the deal making abilities of the NRA.
To be fair, even if the other concealed carry bill would've passed I'd still be bummed. I fail to see how one could be glad over being told they had to pay money & wait for permission to exercise a right. Needless to say I won't be among those that the overtly anti gun people are worried about lining up for a permit. I'll carry when I feel the need, but I'll be damned if I am going to beg for permission to do it.
Sush is life though. Hopefully one day the people will wake up to this scam that compells them to get a permit to protect themselves. Unfortuanetly it probably won't be tomorrow.

No comments: