Wednesday, June 04, 2003

Nicki Fellenzer writes about the NRA in an article entitled Betrayal of Trust.


"When I first joined the NRA, I did so because I felt they were the best suited to represent my interests. As the biggest organization dedicated to the rights of gun owners in the United States, I felt they had the most political influence and were in the best position possible to achieve our pro-freedom goals. I thought they served a terrific purpose – to mainstream the views of gun owners. And even though I disagreed with some if their political moves, I felt we all supported the same cause – to ensure the right of the people to keep and bear arms is not infringed – even though we took different roads to that goal.
I was wrong."


She lists quite a few of the NRA's transgressions against the people they claim to represent & goes on to make speculations about what harm the NRA may do in the future, especially concerning the assault weapons ban.
Go read it, then inform the NRA you'll be a member when they start acting right. 'Till then, might I recommend GOA?














No comments: