Tuesday, February 04, 2003

I just came across this on Clayton Cramer's blog. Barrett Firearms Manufacturing (maker of .50 caliber rifles) has sent a letter to the LAPD. I wish the other firearms makers were as principled. I would imagine that if all of this country's arms makers were to boycott cities, counties, states, & the feds when they used deceptive practices to gain support for laws that infringe upon our rights that perhaps the gain in respect & revenue from the civilians would outweigh any lost due to the boycott. I arrive at this because I am a fan of the .30-06 Springfield & generally don't need any other rifle cartridge. But reading this letter & reading the 'news' section of their site makes me give serious thought to buying a Barrett & seeing what I can do on the 1,200 yard target circuit. If only they made a .50 in a Garand-style action....

No comments: